Thursday, November 27, 2008

What is in a name?

Many have asked how I came to arrive at the name “Zacharias” for Jack’s middle name (See Michele’s post from January 2). Some suspect I may have pulled the name from the Bible. However, this is not the case. Rather, the inspiration for Jack’s middle name comes from Dr. Ravi Zacharias, the most dynamic and influential Christian apologist of our day. I fancy myself as a very amateur Christian apologist, and Dr. Zacharias teachings and writings have had a profound affect on my life. He has been gifted with a unique combination of incredible intellectual prowess and sincere humility that he consistently puts to masterful work in delivering his messages and responding to challenges to the Christian faith. He is firm and unyielding, yet, gracious and gentle. (He is precisely the type of person that Bill Maher did not interview in his film silly film Religulous). I encourage all of you to visit his website: http://www.rzim.org/, and give a listen to one of his podcasts.

No comments: